More than 30 Countries I have lived, worked in and visited:
A few lesser known facts
- I can’t burp (and I am not alone)
- I’ve had the same piece of beaded jewelry around my waist since I graduated from the University of the Virgin Islands in 1996. It was given to me by an old Caribbean mama on the side of the road. I finally took it off in 2015
- All the places I have lived line up around the globe with one diagonal line. Except for San Luis Obispo.
- I thought I was going to Hawaii and found myself in a LA warehouse for a Discovery Channel, reality series even though…
- …..I have never owned a television, and never will.
- I was the only non-Caribbean player on my college soccer team. Oh and the only GIRL.
- No cavities. No broken bones.
- Helped save a man after he was stabbed. Needed a friend to wash out the blood from the back of my truck.
- I only have 24 teeth instead of 32.
- Can’t sleep without earplugs and total darkness. And my feet have to be warm.
- Vegetarian since I was in 10th grade.
- My entire family has blue eyes, and mine were the blue color of Husky eyes until after college and they turned green. No doctor can explain why this has happened.
- Hit all the continents except South America.
- One of my stories made it into the Congressional Record!
- Abhor/avoid coffee or caffeine- (rely on my body’s natural way to wake up– while I still can).
- Probably the only girl in my home town of Durango, Colorado with a skateboard, snowboard and mountain bike in the 1980s.
- After being given Inapsin for anti-nausea during a colonoscopy, I went into a state of dyskinesia, (involuntary body movements), and couldn’t stop hitting myself or tapping my foot for nearly 12 hours. It was the most uncomfortable feeling I have ever had.
- Raced Pro Mtn Biker John Tomac down a mountain in Colorado in the winter. He was on a bike. I was on a snowboard and had a headstart. He still won.